Tuesday, September 17, 2019

September 17


I’m in one of those can’t-make-up-my-mind times. Yesterday I mentioned getting back to the book I’d been working on the past few years. I’m ready.

I’ve got all the writing done in Word documents. Now I want to copy those 8 ½ inch documents into a 6 by 9 book template with photos. But I couldn’t find the template in any of my blank form folders. I have 5 by 8 and 7 by 10, but not the size I want this book to be in.

My very first book after the poetry chapbooks, was done through lulu.com. The next book was through blurb.com, and “Too Cold for Alligators” (TCfA) I had published through AuthorHouse. They (that proverbial “they”) always make it sound so easy to publish/self-publish, but it isn’t cheap if you want to have a quality job done.

And, for me these days, it’s having to learn or relearn programs. TCfA was put together using open office (ODT) because Word doesn’t hold the entire manuscript in one document. It was a challenge adapting Word documents to ODT. And, for some reason, PDF and I have never gotten along.

So, yesterday I researched other options and just ended up confusing myself even more. But I’m back at it again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment