Wednesday, May 13, 2020

May 13 in the Studio


After a few days of indecision on doing an alcohol wash, and finally getting feedback on my last posting that I’d done too much for a wash to work, I went back in the studio to continue.

First, I added more burnt sienna to the background using a round makeup sponge then a cotton ball. I also made more ruffles in Leo’s neck and body with the edge of the sponge. (Far from done, still getting started.)

I added more details to his face. I used Sennelier, Soho, Rembrandt, and a couple of StabilioC pencils. I think I finally got the ear tufts using Rembrandt … until I turned the stick wrong and made the hairs on the left too thick … my heart wasn’t in erasing the mistake at this point. Darn! Where’s that undo button?

I worked on getting white highlights around his eyes with the Rembrandt. I used a Soho pale yellow to lighten ruffles and outside edges. Yeah, it’s a little early yet to add lights, but it gives me encouragement to keep going; giving those hints of what’s to come.

I’m still debating wrapping his tail around the front of him. I didn’t plan to do so in the beginning. I erased a little of the possible area to help me think about it.

As always, I took a progress photo, and in looking at the photo, I’ve already made a list on what to fix and work on next.



No comments:

Post a Comment