Thursday, May 7, 2020

Attempting to Stick to a Garden Plan


My mind is stuck on how to proceed with garden timelines, mapping and photos. My goal is to have all info in one place and not to be writing the same thing multiple times; I.E: in emails, journals, blogs, garden folder, etc.

The plan is the organization will help me track better what grows well here and what doesn’t. There are photos showing progress. I have timelines where I write what I accomplished. There’s the manual I started putting together five years ago telling of the plants already here, ones I’ve added … I haven’t kept up with it.

I want to have names for each garden, usually to do with some lawn décor or what’s planted there. It doesn’t help trying to incorporate five years of work into one folder. I want to have one place to go to referencing everything about my gardens.

Last year I half-haphazardly started a quick-reference chart to let me know which plants need watering, mulching, fertilizing etc. and when. Well, it’ll be a quick reference if I ever get it done, ha-ha.

I keep coming up with various ideas which tend to morph into something more creating confusion. Then I get distracted to do something else. It might be just trying to do too many gardens – broken down I have 13-14 individual areas with more planned.

I suppose if I took one garden area at a time, I’d get it done. I go outside with one plan in mind and end up doing something totally different. Then the next stint outside has me turning to something else that pops into my mind.

But I tend to overthink things – or I’ll come up with one plan. By the time I either get outside or come inside, I’ll have changes – and the more I think, the more confused I get. If I do this, then I’ll have to do that. If I do it over there, should I do it over here? And, of course, it all depends on the types of plants and their requirements.

The hardest part is, at my age and my physical abilities, I just can’t get out there, have at it, and get a project done all at once. I can only do short stints which creates another issue because the interruptions give me time to think of other ideas, so by the time I get back outside, I could even be working on something entirely new.

But it gets me outside playing in the dirt/mulch. I re-arrange and even sometimes transplant a plant from one area to another – and if I do that, then I need to change the garden maps. I love my gardens and the flowers. They add beauty to my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment