Sunday, January 16, 2022

Experimenting with Colors on Snowy Ridge Trail

January 16: Worked in the studio until my right shoulder screamed too much. (Guess I have some kind of …itis.) One challenge I have to learn to deal with is how to do the sky without overworking it. I kept experimenting with different colors: blues, white, cream and some purply colors. I’m not quite sure. Maybe I have to lay the colors on and not rub them smooth… but I like smooth…

I also used a purply-pink to add background color in the mist, and I used some cream and a little blue to the foreground just as a starter. Some squiggles with Yarka black will add depth when I start the trees along the ridge.

I still struggled with the correct blue for the mountains. I played around with three-four shades of Sennelier and Mount Vision.

Another thing I’m doing a little different is doing more slashes and dots for the mountain trees instead of just coloring in.

It’s an interesting start and I’m not sure how/where it’s going to play out. I’m excited about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment