Sunday, July 4, 2021

Echinacea Tall WIP Day 10

 I started this on March 7, but many other projects got in the way. I'd sneak in the studio and work on it periodically. Now, here it is July and I'm trying to push myself to get it done. Here's the latest previous workings:

June 29: I’ve been busy except for being in the studio. I’ve seen postings of other people’s paintings – in styles so unlike what I strive to do. Nan and I went to an art exhibit last week. We’re both needing a little inspiration, although few work in either of our styles.

This morning I spent a little time better defining the petals of the two flowers on the left. I’m really putting my face close (which I can do now that I sit at the drafting table.) 

I’m glad I didn’t give up on it, and I’m excited to get it finished. I am looking forward to putting my nose to the grindstone and finishing the other flowers.

June 30: I went in the studio in the late afternoon. I worked on all the flowers except the very bottom ones. I played with color, tones, and textures using various pastels. I paid closer attention to the tips and used negative painting to help define the petal edges. I’m still struggling to obtain the smoothness I prefer in my work. 

I’m liking sitting while I work. Unfortunately, that means I’m breathing in more pastel dust. I know, I should run the fan, the air purifier, and wear a mask, but I don’t.

I was hoping to finish and worked over an hour until it got scary dark outside and began to thunder. I had to go take care of other things. 




No comments:

Post a Comment