Saturday, March 6, 2021

Progress on The Hill in Winter Painting

 

Painting had been put on hold as I revamped the studio. I bought a small artist’s drafting table so I can do some sit-down pastel painting. That meant re-organizing one half the room… and more.

This morning I ordered other supplies to better organize and I have to wait on those deliveries before continuing the reorganizing. So, with that project on hold, I decided to get back to painting.

I sat in the new chair and tackled the painting. Most of the work was with the horizon trees. I used Senneliers for softness, pencils for sharper lines, Rembrandts for other lines, and NuPastel for the birch trees. I added played around with the foreground tree and added black to the rocks just to hint at what’s to come. 

The painting is currently 8 1/2 x 14 1/2 on BFK Rives paper. 





No comments:

Post a Comment