Sunday, March 28, 2021

Dressing for At-Home Success

Every night lately, when I pull clothes out of the closet for the next day, I realize how ratty they’re looking. My clothes are old. The material of my tops is worn and “pilly,” and some items are stained. The elastic on the waistbands of my pants is wearing through and inseams are getting thin.

I’m not ascetically good looking, but I can still look nice in my attire, which is important for my state of mind. I don’t want to feel I look like a bum sitting here. I may not get company, go off much, or see people, but I don’t need to dress like a slob, either.

I won’t wear clothes dictated by latest fashion trends.  I dress for my body type, age, and shape. I dress for comfort and ease of movement. There’s something about looking nice that makes me feel better about myself. I don’t need to dress fancy, just have tidy-looking clothes. Even in the evening when I change into a gown, it’s a beautiful, flowy piece which feels good to wear, especially the summery colorful ones. 

It’s hard to justify the purchase of new clothes when old ones are still wearable, especially when I’m a stay-at-home woman. Perhaps, though, in these times when I easily fall into sadness, it’s important to do something to bring my spirits up. Perhaps updating my wardrobe will help staying at and working from home remain a success. 

Also, maintaining a good, positive mental attitude is important in my goal to live wholeheartedly, and if a couple of new tops will help my overall wellbeing, then it’s all good.

So, I did.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment