Sunday, June 19, 2022

BOOOM Boom… boom


Booom … boom… boom

Just getting into bed
and my heart
feels like it’s being ripped
from my chest

I pull the covers over my ear
snuggle deeper in bed
Take deep breaths
I tell myself
stay calm
 
Booom! Boom… boom
One long, louder one
followed by two gradually reduced
Again, heart pounds
shivers run through me
 
I get up and look out the window
see flashes in the sky
down the street,
maybe the next street over
I get back under the covers
 
I want to cry
I continue to tell myself
to relax, breathe deep
try not to worry
I start to calm down
 
BOOM! Boom… boom!
Shock waves reverberate
through my whole body
I physically feel it
shaking my entire being
 
I want to cry
I can’t help it
I feel sick
I pray for it to stop
I just want to go to sleep
 
I don’t want to
fault other’s enjoyment
but I feel sad
it can be so horribly disturbing
to others
 
Thankfully,
it didn’t last long
but it took a long time
before I was able
to fall asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment