Thursday, July 30, 2020

Wanting to be Done But …

I'm so trying to get this finished. I'm close. I'm having trouble with lighting in the studio and getting the photo to show the true light. 

Recently, in my last couple of paintings, I get the sky done beautifully, then when I start working down, the tree colors get up into the sky and when I try to fix, it ends up getting muddy. Usually I do pretty good with skies, so this problem is driving me crazy. Maybe I just need to get a painting done and stop hemming and hawing and “fixing” it so much! 

This one is Number 4 of the year but was actually started in December 28. I've finished numbers 5-9. It's time I finished this one before I get into Number 10.

Today I worked the reflections a lot more and I better defined lines between land and water. I also worked on the rocks and water. I’m thinking I only need to fix up the right-side reflections and sign it.

No comments:

Post a Comment