Saturday, March 2, 2019

Love Is


I asked for help in understanding God-Love. I needed to find my own definition; to differentiate what I normally think of love from the all-encompassing God-Love.

It was a challenging internal debate. When I first think of love, it’s more like a love of, and there are various degrees and levels to how much love is felt. I think of lover/spouse (which I don’t have, ha-ha), children, other family members, friends, and general things I love. But that also means there are people and things I don’t love. So, the moment I put “me,” or rather the ego, into love, it targets or leaves out certain people or things.

And I am also reminded of the time I was practicing projecting love to all around me and the next thing I knew, I had someone else’s husband calling me. That wasn’t the kind of vibe I intended to be projecting and made me fear of ever doing it again.

So, how can I understand this God-Love? This morning answers came.

There is a difference between love of someone or something and the Love that comes from God/The Divine/The Universe (and when I think of this latter type of Love, I see it all capitalized, whereas as “love of” is lower cased.

“Love of” is a human condition filled with emotions, opinions, and beliefs. It’s sometimes dictated by society, the church, family – it’s what we’ve been taught love is supposed to be. And I can’t understand or get why and how I “have to” love people who aren’t nice (to put it mildly). I don’t want to love those who choose mean lives. (I can feel sorry for them, but I don’t want to love them.)

God-Love is impersonal and encompasses all that is. It doesn’t take sides. It doesn’t target one thing or person over another. God-Love has no personal thoughts. God-Love just IS!

So, what does this mean to me right now? I’ll have to let it percolate and make it part of my practice of peace and light. Now I can say Peace, Light, and Love and feel at as Universal and Divine.

569. Dear Divine Presence, Thank-you for showing me the difference between the human condition of love and God-Love. I AM now willing to embrace God-Love, that all-encompassing Love that is not swayed by personal beliefs, desires, or emotions. Love and Success, Sasha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment